Reformatting your SD card may be necessary if you've been using SAMi but are now experiencing issues with recordings or camera disconnects. These kinds of issues are rare but do happen occasionally, typically this only happens to cameras that are a few years old.
PLEASE NOTE! You will lose your recordings saved on the SD card when doing this, so if you have recordings that still need to transfer that you need, do so before reformatting. (contact us through this link if you unable to do this yourself.
- Go to Settings -> Camera Settings -> SD Card -> Format
- If this fails, check that the microSD card is completely inserted into the camera.
- You can press on it to pop it out, the press on it again to insert it. You should hear a "click" and the card edge should be nearly even with the edge of the camera, not protruding at all
- If you are still not getting recordings after the format..
- Choose "Camera Factory Reset". This will completely reset the camera.
- After this you will need to run the add camera process again.
- If this does not resolve the issue, then the last thing to try is to delete the SAMi-3 app and reinstall it from the iTunes store.
- WARNING:This will delete any recordings you have so be sure to save important ones to your computer first.